Blockchain is the hottest topic that everyone wants to be part of and about to explode in the coming years. However, currently there is a huge gap between demand and supply in the blockchain specialisation skillset. If you are thinking of getting into blockchain then this is the right moment to be ahead of mass adoption.
In this post, we go through five of the best blockchain courses to learn for a beginner who is completely new to the topic. The courses are picked based on the credibility of the instructor, quality of the content and course relevancy.
If you are interested in learning more about blockchain technology and node deployment, follow our bitcoin node deployment guide.
What is Blockchain and cryptocurrencies?
Blockchain technology is the brainchild of Satoshi Nakamoto, which enables digital information to be distributed. A network of computing nodes makes up the Blockchain. Durability, robustness, success rate, transparency, incorruptibility are some of the enticing characteristics of Blockchain. By design, Blockchain is a decentralised technology which is used by a global network of the computer to manage Bitcoin transactions easily.
Cryptocurrency works on Blockchain Technology, it is decentralised, open source and a mode of peer-to-peer transaction. it is not issued and controlled by any government or central authority, unlike other payment systems.
For advanced users, here you will learn how to write a crypto whitepaper.
Blockchain related jobs
Blockchain job market is booming and many organisations around the world are adopting the technology by creating applications of blockchain technology.
As a skill set, blockchain is a combination of existing programming technologies and concepts, such as object-oriented programming and ledger economics, with an understanding of cryptography. As such, demand for other roles, such as product managers and requirements specialists, within the industry is also growing.
What blockchain jobs are the most popular?
If you are looking to get into blockchain as a career path then this is the time to set your goal and start learning into the subject. There are numerous blockchain related jobs that has been born in the last few years and they are sure to stay around for the future. Below are some of the popular blockchain jobs;
Blockchain Architect - these are individuals whose responsibility is to design and come up with solutions for different areas of blockchain such as designing a new blockchain ledger, connecting blockchain with existing applications. Architects should be technical as well as good communicator as they require to collaborate with professionals in other departments such as IT operations, network administrators, UX designers, and developers.
Blockchain DevOps - responsibility is to create, develop, and maintain all blockchain infrastructure components. They are responsible for automating much of the infrastructure and deployment of applications. DevOps also monitors the performance of varied services and tools administered within the infrastructure. The key skillset needed are good proficiency with Linux operating system, various cloud platforms, docker & various automation tools such as Ansible & Terraform.
Blockchain Project Manager - ensures the management of blockchain project from its developers & architects to all other various business stakeholders. Project managers should have clear understanding of technical requirements and simplify these requirements to wider company areas. One should be skilful in project management as well. Besides, having communications skills is another critical aspect of this role.
List of Free blockchain courses on Youtube
1. Solidity, Blockchain, and Smart Contract Course – Beginner to Expert
This course will give you a full introduction into all of the core concepts in blockchain, smart contracts, solidity, NFTs/ERC721s, ERC20s, Coding Decentralized Finance (DeFi), python and solidity, Chainlink, Ethereum, upgradable smart contracts, and full stack blockchain development.
Here are all the sections covered in this comprehensive course:
Lesson 0: Welcome To Blockchain
- What is a Blockchain?
- Making Your First Transaction
- How Do Blockchains Work?
- The Future
Lesson 1: Welcome to Remix! Simple Storage
- Everything in this section can be read about in the Solidity Documentation
- Basic Solidity
- Deploying to a "Live" network
Lesson 2: Storage Factory
- Inheritance, Factory Pattern, and Interacting with External Contracts
Lesson 3: Fund Me
- Payable, msg.sender, msg.value, Units of Measure
- Chainlink Oracles
- Importing from NPM and Advanced Solidity
Lesson 4: Web3.py Simple Storage
- Installing VSCode, Python, and Web3
- Our First Python Script with Web3.py - Deploying a Contract
- Interacting with Our Contract in Python & Web3.py
Lesson 5: Brownie Simple Storage
- Brownie Introduction
- Installing Brownie
- Brownie Simple Storage Project
- Testing Basics
Lesson 6: Brownie Fund Me
- Dependencies, Deploying, and Networks
- Funding and Withdrawing Python Scripts
- Testing across networks
Lesson 7: SmartContract Lottery
- Testing Lottery.sol
- Lottery.sol Testnet Deployment
Lesson 8: Chainlink Mix
- Brownie Mixes
- ERC20s, EIPs, and Token Standards
- Defi & Aave
- Defi Intro
- Aave UI
- Programmatic Interactions with Aave
Lesson 11: NFTs
- Non-Technical Explainer
- Simple NFT
- SimpleCollectible Testing
- Advanced NFT
- Advanced deploy_and_create
- Creating Metadata & IPFS
Lesson 12: Upgrades
- Introduction to upgrading smart contracts
- Upgrades-mix and code
- Testing Upgrades
- Upgrades on a testnet
Bonus Lesson 13: Full Stack Defi
- Defi Stake Yield Brownie Scripts & Tests
- Testing our Defi Stake Yield Brownie Dapp
- Front End / Full Stack
Closing and Summary
- Where do I go now?
- Learning More
2. Blockchain Full Course - blockchain technology explained
Edureka's Blockchain Course is designed to introduce you to the concept of Blockchain and explain the fundamentals of blockchain and bitcoin. Blockchain course will provide an overview of the structure and mechanism of blockchain. As a beginner, you will be learning the importance of consensus in transactions, how transactions are stored on blockchain, history of bitcoin and how to use bitcoin. Furthermore, you will be taught about the Ethereum platform and its programming language. You will setup your own private blockchain environment using Ethereum. Also, you will develop a smart contract on private Ethereum blockchain and will be deploying the contract from web and console. The course is fed with various use-cases and examples, which makes the learning more interesting.
Here are all the sections covered in this comprehensive course:
Origin And Working Of Blockchain
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain training module, you will be introduced to the Blockchain technology and learn about its working and properties.
Blockchain Curriculum Topics:
- How does our current financial system work?
- What can be the possible solution?
- What is a distributed system?
- What is Blockchain?
- How does a Blockchain work?
- Properties of Blockchain
- Evolution of Blockchain
Cryptocurrency And Blockchain
Learning Objective: In this online Blockchain certification program, you will learn about the concept of cryptocurrencies, predominantly Bitcoin, and Blockchain structure along with cryptography and consensus mechanisms.
- Anonymity and Pseudonymity in Cryptocurrency
- Programmable Money
- What is inside a block?
- Hash Functions and Merkle Trees
- Components of Blockchain Ecosystem
- Cryptography and Consensus Algorithms
- Types of Blockchain
- Side Chains: another type of Blockchain
- Blockchain Implementations
- Blockchain Platforms
Learning Objective: In this module of best Blockchain courses, you will learn about Bitcoin mechanisms and how the Bitcoin network works. You will understand why transactions with Bitcoins are secure and efficient.
- What is Bitcoin?
- Why use Bitcoins?
- Bitcoin Trading: Buying, selling and storing Bitcoins
- Bitcoin Ecosystem
- Structure of a Bitcoin Transaction
- Scripting language in Bitcoin
- Applications of Bitcoin script
- Nodes in a Bitcoin Network
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain course module, you will learn how Bitcoin mining works and how blocks are added in the Blockchain. You will also be taught how to mine Bitcoin from your own personal computer.
- Bitcoin Economics
- What is Bitcoin Mining?
- Types of Mining
- Mining and Consensus
- Assembling and selecting chains of blocks
- Mining and the hashing race
- Mining Pools
Introduction To Ethereum
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain course module, you will learn about Ethereum and how it uses the Blockchain technology to create a vast variety of decentralized applications with the help of Smart Contracts.
- What is Ethereum?
- Introducing Smart Contracts
- Cryptocurrency in Ethereum
- Mining in Ethereum
- Consensus Mechanism in Ethereum
- Platform Functions used in Ethereum
- Technologies that support Ethereum
- Ethereum Programming Language
- Components for development of Ethereum DApps
- Editors and tools
- Frontend Development
- Ethereum Test Networks
- ERC Tokens
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain certification module, you will learn to develop your own Smart Contracts using Solidity on the Remix IDE.
- Introducing Solidity
- Sample Code
- Layout of Source File
- Structure of a Contract
- State Variables
- Functions Types
- Reference Types
- Special Variables and Functions
- Expressions and Control Structures
- Function Calls
- Error Handling
- Visibility for Functions and State Variables
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain certification module, you will learn the advanced concepts of solidity including importing libraries, modifiers, and event handling. Also, you will learn how to incorporate a front-end GUI to your solidity contracts using Truffle and web3.js.
- State Modifiers
- Importing Smart Contracts
- Events and Logging
- Error Handling and Exceptions
- Common Pitfalls
- Gas Limit and Loops
- Sending and Receiving Ether
- Contract ABI
- Setting up the development environment
Developing A DApp Using Truffle
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain Certification program, you will learn how to develop a DApp service using concepts of Solidity and deploy it on a local test Blockchain, Ganache.
- Developing a DApp
- Compile and Deploy the Smart Contract
- Publish the DApp
- Connecting to DApp
- Ganache Output for Transaction Migration
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain technology courses module, you will learn about Hyperledger project to develop an enterprise-grade and open-source distributed ledger framework. You will be taught about the Hyperledger architecture, its consensus mechanism, and about four major Hyperledger frameworks.
- Introduction to Hyperledger
- Hyperledger architecture
- Hyperledger API and Application Model
- Network Topology
- Exploring Hyperledger frameworks
- Business Network Deployment on Hyperledger Composer Playground
Setting Up Development Environment Using Hyperledger Composer
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain online course module, you will learn about Hyperledger Fabric and how to develop business networks using Hyperledger Composer. Also, you will be deploying and testing your business network.
- Setting up Development Environment using Composer
- Developing business networks
- Testing business networks
- Introduction to Hyperledger Fabric
- Hyperledger Fabric Model
- Various ways to create Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain Network
Create And Deploy Your Private Blockchain On MultiChain
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain online training module, you will learn about MultiChain platform. You will be able to setup your private Blockchain environment. Also, you will be able to customize your Blockchain parameters as per your requirements.
- What Is MultiChain?
- Privacy and Permissions in MultiChain
- Mining in MultiChain
- Multiple configurable Blockchains using MultiChain
- Setting up a Private Blockchain
- Setting up a private Blockchain
Prospects Of Blockchain
Learning Objective: In this Blockchain developer course module, you will understand how Blockchain is essentially shaping the future economics. Discussions on various use cases of Blockchain will clear the missing segment of the picture.
- Blockchain prospering our world
- Blockchain transforming business and professionalism
- Discussing practical use-cases of Blockchain
- Real case scenarios of Blockchain
- How governments around the world are using Blockchain?
3. Blockchain Tutorial for Beginners | Intellipaat
In this Blockchain Full Course video, you will learn what is Blockchain, what is Bitcoin, what is distributed technology, what is bitcoin & various transactions forms in bitcoin, Data mining hashing, Bitcoin mining, Ethereum & Cryptocurrency used in Ethereum, Hands-on demo: how to set up Ethereum Blockchain, Hands-on demo : How to create a Auction Project, Solidity in blockchain, Blockchain Interview questions & answers and a lot more interesting topics along with a hands-on demo at the end.
A few of the many topics/modules that are covered in this course include:
- Blockchain and Bitcoin cryptocurrency
- Concepts and relevance of the topic
- Blockchain network
- Introduction to Bitcoin mining
- Using Blockchain to perform transactions
- Introduction to smart contracts
- Languages used in Blockchain contracts
- Deploying transactions on the Blockchain node
- Working on real-world projects
Lesson 0: The Edge of the Rabbit Hole
Lesson 1: Blockchain Basics
Lesson 2: Welcome to Remix! Simple Storage
Lesson 3: Remix Storage Factory
Lesson 4: Remix Fund Me
Lesson 5: Ethers.js Simple Storage
Lesson 6: Hardhat Simple Storage
Lesson 7: Hardhat Fund Me
Lesson 9: Hardhat Smart Contract Lottery
Lesson 10: NextJS Smart Contract Lottery (Full Stack / Front End)
Lesson 11: Hardhat Starter Kit
Lesson 12: Hardhat ERC20s
Lesson 13: Hardhat DeFi & Aave
Lesson 14: Hardhat NFTs
Lesson 15: NextJS NFT Marketplace (Full Stack / Front End)
Lesson 16: Hardhat Upgrades
Lesson 17: Hardhat DAOs
Lesson 18: Security & Auditing
5. Blockchain & Cryptocurrency A-Z Complete Masterclass
From novice to Blockchain expert: The #1 criteria for success in anything is to be fascinated. If you combine your interest in Blockchain with this training, you’ve got everything you need to become an expert in the field – even if you’re unsure where to begin.
Learn key Blockchain concepts, intuition and practical training to get you quickly up to speed with all things Crypto and Blockchain related. Covering:
Module 1: How to build a Blockchain – we’ll start at the very beginning
Module 2: How to create a Cryptocurrency – the next step of your journey
Module 3: How to create a Smart Contract – Let’s cross the finish line
6. Money, Ledgers & Bitcoin
This course is for students wishing to explore blockchain technology’s potential use—by entrepreneurs and incumbents—to change the world of money and finance. The course begins with a review of Bitcoin and an understanding of the commercial, technical, and public policy fundamentals of blockchain technology, distributed ledgers, and smart contracts. The class then continues on to current and potential blockchain applications in the financial sector.
7. Solidity Tutorial - A Full Course on Ethereum
Learn to program in Solidity in the full tutorial. Solidity is an object-oriented programming language for writing smart contracts. It is used for implementing smart contracts on various blockchain platforms, most notably, Ethereum.
The course covers the following topical areas:
- Intro To Solidity
- Data Types and Data Structures
- Function Visibility, Modifiers & Time
- Sending Ether & Events
- Smart Contract Interaction & Inheritance