In this post we look at ways to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to trezor wallet not connecting when plugged in to a computer and how to solve the Trezor connection problems.
What is Trezor wallet?
One of the main security concern for any Crypto investors is storing their investments in a safe and secure place. Tezor is a hardware wallet providing advanced security to users who would like to store their Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies private keys.
Trezor hardware wallet supports multiple cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and others. It also has a built-in display that shows transaction details for added security and peace of mind.
Unlike traditional cold storage methods such as offline storage or paper wallets, Trezor suite makes secure payments without revealing your private keys to a potentially compromised computer. - Bitcoin.it
Trezor connection Solutions:
1.Check if the Trezor wallets display is lit when the device is plugged in.
If your device doesn’t light up when connected, try using a different USB cable or USB port, and make sure that you are connecting your Trezor with the cable directly. Please don’t use a USB hub or adapter. Also, if possible, try connecting your Trezor to another computer. Some USB cables do not allow data transfer, so even though your device has power it may not be recognized by your computer.
2.If it’s lit, find out if the device is recognized by device manager.
If it’s not recognized, perform the troubleshooting steps described above.
3.If it’s recognized by the device manager, there might be a problem with the drivers
Try (re)installing the newest Trezor Bridge version from this source 268 (once installed, please proceed by clearing your browser’s cache). After successful installation, you should see a process named “trezord” running in your activity/system/task monitor.
4.Older Trezor model wallet
If you are running an older FW version, please try using our older Trezor Wallet available from https://old-wallet.trezor.io/#/
5. Other solutions you can try:
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Make sure that you are connecting your Trezor hardware wallet with the cable directly to the computer; please avoid using any USB hub or adapter.
- Also, please, try connecting your Trezor device to another computer, preferably with a different operating system where Trezor Bridge is installed as well.
- If you are using a VPN, certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), or some cryptocurrency apps such as Geth or MetaMask, please try to disable them. It is possible that some of these are clashing with Trezor Wallet.
Popular Tags : Trezor not connecting, Trezor, Tezor a hardware wallet, Trezor suite, Trezor Bridge version